martes, 24 de junio de 2008

Buenos Aires

Hola amigos! Ive been in Buenos Aires the last 2 nights in a hostel with my friends from UNC Catherine Steddum, Chad Mosby, and Johnathon Clemmets. Weve been going through the city seeing the famous things, my favorite being this huge metal flower (maybe 40 feet) that opens and closes like a normal flower would during the day. When we saw it in a plaza yesterday, we layed down in the grass and took a nap which was glorious, until our stomachs starting churning. Then, like your stereotypical American, we went on a search for a McDonalds (my suggestion, be quiet, i know its not healthy...) and i got to try a dulce de leche mcflurry...yall are missing out, thats all im saying. the mcDonalds here are really classy...the uniforms are really cute with a fitted brown shirt with little puff sleeves and there were computers upstairs for customers to use. not to mention the bathrooms were clean AND had toilet paper...a rare find in the city. Well my friends took off today, Catherine back to the US and Chad and Johnathan to Iguazu Falls to continue their journey. So Im staying in the hostel by myself, which is actually pretty fun (although its only been about 3 hours). I went grocery shopping and bought a ton of food and the most expensive wine they had (which was almost $5) all for about $12. Muy barato! Tonight I am meeting up with my other friend from UNC to go to the Los Cafres concert, a famous regge group that I listen to. Tomorrow Im going with an Irish guy from the hostel to some big camping store to help him pick out a sleeping bag among other things. He has been traveling for 5 months so far and has no time frame but wants to finish in Alaska...and isnt going to take any boats or planes. Today, I told him about the appalachain trail and how it takes most people 5 to 8 months to hike and he said, hm, I think Id like to do that. He was serious. So heres a girl who has hiked maybe 100 miles of the 2070 something trying to explain to someone who doesnt hike how to go about hiking the trail...hopefully well get some guidebook for him later. But the hostel is so rad...whenever I wake up, I go down to the first floor for the included breakfast of bread w a cheese spread and dulce de leche with a cafe con leche or a tea. Theres a TV, couch, bean bags, a bar, pool table, maybe 4 rooms with 4 bunkbeds each, 4 bathrooms, a cat, and several people that I havent figured out if they work there or if theyve just lived in the hostel for awhile.

Thats all for now, not too much deep philosophical stuff (whew!), and if youre reading this Id love to receive an email about what youve been up to and how you are doing and if i can pray for you. Besos mil!

No hay comentarios: