jueves, 16 de julio de 2009

Summer Unrest

I feel so old, even though I can't even legally drink. Among my girlfriends, none of us are actively pursuing an MRS degree, but today I discussed adoption with one and giving the maid of honor speech at my wedding with another.

I feel so young. We sit and stare into the Carolina Blue sky (good choice, God) and dream together about the endless possibilities, people, and places that our futures hold.

I don't ever want to stop dreaming.

I don't ever want to stop dancing.

I want to be the 60-something couple dancing to live jazz on the grass at Weaver St. Market, their hair poofy and grey and faces illuminated with the animation of children.

I want to keep cracking open watermelons on rocks near a creek in the woods and slurping them until my stomach's aching.

I want to be exactly who I am today.

1 comentario:

Megan dijo...

Can I just say that I am excited that you blog, and I want to hear all about your summer adventures!!